Watermelon Gazpacho is a delicious, refreshing appetizer or a light dinner – perfect for those sizzling summer nights. I try to use my oven as little as possible during Toronto’s stifling summers, it reduces my carbon footprint and my utility bill. This has led me to experiment with lots of fresh, raw meals like this watermelon gazpacho.
This watermelon gazpacho is so quick and easy. Just grab your ingredients and blend them together – no cooking required! For the health benefits of watermelon check out my guest post on Cook Bake Nibble.
Start by blending the jalapeno pepper, 1/8 of a red onion and a small handful of mint. I like to use ½ to 1 jalapeno pepper depending on the size but if you like it hot go ahead and add more.
Then throw in the tomato, 1 cup of watermelon, half a cucumber and blend away.
Finally add the juice of a quarter lime, olive oil, salt and pepper and pulse until mixed.
I like to place the watermelon gazpacho in the fridge and chill for 10min before serving so it’s nice and cold. Top each dish with watermelon cubes and cubed or crumbled feta cheese. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy on a hot summer night.
Prep time: 10min
Inactive prep time: 10min
Cook time: 0 min!
Serving size: 4 appetizers or a meal for 2
- 1 jalapeño pepper (2 heaping Tbsp), seeded and roughly diced
- 1/8 red onion (1/2 cup), roughly diced
- 3 Tbsp mint (20 leaves)
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 2 cups watermelon
- ½ seedless cucumber, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice ( ¼ lime)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- In a food processor, mince jalapeno pepper, red onion and mint.
- Add tomato, 1 cup watermelon cut into rough cubes, cucumber and puree until smooth.
- Add lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and pulse until mixed.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 10min.
- Meanwhile, dice remaining watermelon into 1cm cubes. Pour the watermelon gazpacho into individual bowls and garnish with cubed watermelon, crumbled or cubed feta and a sprig of mint.