Sweet Pecan Salmon filets are topped with a sweet and crunchy pecan crust. A thin layer of Dijon mustard cuts the fishiness of the salmon and brings together the flavours. This sweet and savoury dish can be complimented with a salad or steamed veggies.
To get started, gather your ingredients: salmon filets, pecans, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper. Then preheat the oven to 400°F.
Season salmon filets with salt and pepper and place on a greased or lined baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on one side of each salmon filet then top with maple pecan mixture.
Pop in the oven and bake for 20min or until salmon is flaky and cooked through. Bon appetit!
Sweet, Sweet Pecan Salmon
Prep time: 5min
Cook time: 20min
Serving size: 3
- 3 salmon filets
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Combine chopped pecan, maple syrup and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Check salmon for bones and pat dry. Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Place salmon on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on one side of each salmon filet.
- Top with the pecan mixture and bake for 20 min uncovered.