Nothing is better than a sipping a cold glass of refreshing fizzy lavender lemonade while sitting in the sun with a good book! My favorite summer activity is reading in the sun in my bikini, it’s so relaxing and I love the way the sun feels on my skin. I’m always careful to put nontoxic sunscreen on my face and I don’t spend longer than 15-20 minutes on each side before slathering on chemical free sunscreen, covering up or going in search of shade. When buying organic sunscreen, look for a non-nano zinc oxide broad spectrum formula. For help finding the right sunscreen for you, check out The EWG’s 2013 Guide to sunscreen.
Whether you spend your summers on the beach or on the dock, this thirst quenching lavender lemonade will defiantly float your boat (ha!). It’s a unique crowd pleaser that is perfect for back yard BBQs and evening cocktail parties. Fizzy Lavender Lemonade is a fun twist on lemonade and it is really easy to prepare. The bubbles from the club soda will tickle your nose as you enjoy the delicious lavender lemonade flavors.The sourness of the lemons is balanced by sweet stevia with hints of lavender.
Lavender is one of my favorite herbs; actually it just might be my favorite! I love adding lavender to my tea blends and baking to give them floral accents. Lavender is excellent at relieving stress related headaches because it is a nervine relaxant. It also combines well with rosemary to create an anti-depressive tonic.The calming effects of lavender can help treat insomnia and promote sleep. Lavender essential oil can be used to treat acne, bug bites and minor scrapes due to its antibacterial properties.
This fun cocktail is sweeten with stevia instead of simple syrup so it is 100% sugar free and suitable for people following a candida diet or simply trying to reduce their sugar intake. Stevia is my favorite sweetener and it complements the sour lemons quite well. I love adding club soda to this drink because it makes it feel special and out of the ordinary. The lavender flavor isn’t overpowering in this cocktail but it does add a nice floral accent.
Fizzy Lavender Lemonade
Prep time: 5 minutes
Inactive prep time: 6 hours
Serving size: 8 cups
- 2 Tbsp lavender
- 3 cups water
- 3 lemons
- 15-30 drops liquid stevia to taste
- 5 cups club soda
- Ice cubes
- Boil 3 cups of water and steep 1 Tbsp lavender in the hot water. This can be done in a pot on the stove or with a kettle and a tea pot. Let the tea steep on the counter for 2 hours.
- Once the lavender tea has cooled, move it to the fridge for another 2 hours.
- Juice the lemons and pour the juice into a large pitcher.
- Strain the lavender water to remove the buds and add it to the lemon juice along with the stevia. Adjust the sweetness as desired by adding addition drops of stevia one at a time.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge for a final 2 hours to chill.
- Before serving add 5 cups of club soda, ice cubes and 1 Tbsp lavender for garnish.
What is your favorite summer activity? Leave a comment letting me know!
This Recipe is featured on Ricki Heller’s Wellness Weekend!