Dill Pickle Fries are salty, tangy and bursting with dill pickle flavors. If you are a fan of dill pickle chips you will certainly love dill pickle fries. Apple cider vinegar gives these fries a tangy flavor and they are seasoned with fresh dill, garlic powder and mustard powder. Enjoy these fries as a Super Bowl snack or a side to any meal.
Dill is an aromatic herb that is sweet, citrus like and slightly bitter. It pairs well with seafood, cucumbers, eggs, fennel, potatoes and tomatoes. You can use both the leaves and seeds to flavor your cooking. Dill is rich in antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage. It contains volatile oils that neutralize the harmful effects of cigarette and charcoal smoke. The oils found in dill also have antibacterial properties which prevent bacterial overgrowth. Dill is a great source of energy producing iron and bone building calcium and manganese.
To get started gather up your ingredients and pre-heat the oven to 450F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a very large bowl whisk together 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil and 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar. Add 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, 1 tsp garlic powder, mustard powder and salt and mix once more. Slice the potatoes into long thin french fries and toss in the dill mixture to evenly coat.
Spread the dill pickle fries evenly on the baking sheets and bake for 40-60 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the fries every 10 minutes and rotate the racks so the fries cook evenly. Enjoy with salmon cakes or as part of your Super Bowl spread.
Dill Pickle Fries
Prep time: 15min
Cook time: 40-60min
Serving size: 4 sides
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 450F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the oil and vinegar in large bowl, add herbs and spices and mix.
- Slice potatoes into long thin fries and toss in the dill mixture to evenly coat.
- Spread the potatoes evenly on the baking sheet and cook for 40-60min. Turn the fries every 10min and rotate the racks until desired crispiness is reached.
- Serve hot with salmon cakes and greens.
What are you making for the Super Bowl? My Fully Loaded Potato Skins make another great Super Bowl dish.