Looking for a nutritious dessert or a power snack? Well look no further! These Date Bliss Balls are naturally sweetened and full of delicious and nutritious seeds and nuts. Date Balls are packed with protein and fiber to give you energy to keep going. Perfect for a mid-afternoon pick me up, a before the gym snack or a sweet treat to finish a meal. No baking is required!
Now put the dates and warm water in a small food processor and blend into a smooth paste.
Scoop the creamy dates out of the food processor into a big bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients, reserving some coconut for rolling. I like to do this with my hands because its the easiest way to get it all mixed up and its fun! Once everything is mixed roll the mixture into 12 big date balls, coat them in remaining toasted coconut and freeze on a lined baking sheet for 30min to let them set. These date balls are best kept well sealed in the fridge or freezer and can be enjoyed right out the the freezer.
Prep time: 10 mins
Inactive prep time: 30mins
Serving size: 12 large balls
- 2 cups (roughly 250g) pitted dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 1Tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup extra coconut flakes for coating
- Place dates and warm water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the creamed dates into a bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the extra coconut flakes, until mixed. If the mixture is soggy then slowly add more oats; alternatively, if the mixture is too dry slowly add warm water.
- Shape balls between 3 to 4cm in diameter, roll them in coconut and place on a tray.
- Place the tray in the freezer for 30min to set and enjoy straight out of the freezer for a quick energy boost.