Bruschetta Chicken is a fun twist on classic Chicken Parmesan – substitute the tomato sauce for zesty bruschetta! The breaded chicken makes a delicious base for the fresh bruschetta and cheese. Bruschetta Chicken is a simple crowd pleaser that will show your guests that you can cook!
You can use prepared breadcrumbs for this recipe or you can make your own by toasting 2 small slices of bread and then processing them into crumbs in a food processor. Combine 1 cup of breadcrumbs with 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl and set aside. Now beat 1 egg in a shallow bowl. Season each chicken breast with salt and pepper, dip them into the egg wash and then coat with the breadcrumbs. The trick to this is keeping one wet hand and one dry hand to sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the chicken.
Place the breaded chicken on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 min at 425°F. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the bruschetta by dicing 2 tomatoes and tossing them in a medium sized bowl with the minced garlic, basil and a splash of balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
After 15 min, flip the chicken and top each breast with 1/3 cup of bruschetta and 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese. Return the Bruschetta Chicken to the oven and bake for an additional 15 min until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted. Enjoy Bruschetta Chicken hot with cooked veggies or salad on the side.
Prep time: 20min
Cook time: 30min
Serving size: 4
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of each chicken breast then dip into egg wash and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place on a lined or greased baking sheet and bake for 15min.
- While chicken is cooking prepare bruschetta by mixing tomatoes, garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a medium sized bowl.
- After chicken has baked for 15min remove it from oven and flip. Top each breast with 1/3 cup of bruschetta and 1/3 cup of cheese. Bake for an additional 15min until chicken is no longer pink and cheese is melted.