Boneless Chicken Wings are a fun bite size alternative to regular chicken wings. For many years I would avoid regular chicken wings because I found eating off a bone unappealing so I created this recipe. Boneless Chicken Wings have a crisp gluten free crust and a juicy center. You can dress them up any way you want by playing around with the sauce you use.
Ideally I like to coat these yummy boneless chicken wings in a homemade BBQ sauce, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to make one. For days when you are looking for a quick and easy dinner that is ready in less than 30 minutes you can toss your boneless chicken wings in store bought sauce. San-J was kind enough to send me a couple samples of their new gluten free cooking sauces and I have had a fun time trying them out. All of their sauces are gluten free with no artificial preservatives or MSG.
The Szechuan sauce is hot and spicy and tastes great on boneless chicken wings. The Sweet & Tangy sauce is sweetened with honey and gets its tang from apple cider vinegar and pineapple juice. I really liked coating my boneless chicken wings in the Asian BBQ sauce which has a sweet and smoky barbeque flavor. I also got to try out the Thai Peanut sauce which is mildly spicy and delicious on stir-frys.
Boneless chicken wings are always a big hit when I serve them to my friends. Since everyone’s tastes are so different, I like to offer a couple different options. That way those who like suicide wings can enjoy lots of spice and those like me who prefer mild wings can have fun with sweeter flavors. The key to keeping these boneless chicken wings plump and juicy is not to over cook the chicken. After cooking them for 10 minutes, cut the biggest one in half to see if it is cooked through.
Boneless Chicken Wings (Gluten Free)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Serving size: 2-4
- 3-4 slices of gluten free bread or 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- 2 large chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cups sauce of choice
- Toast the bread, process into breadcrumbs and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine flour, pepper, salt and paprika in a shallow dish.
- Scramble the eggs in a shallow dish.
- Keeping one hand dry and one hand wet, coat the chicken in the flour mixture and shake off any extra flour. Then, using your wet hand, dip the boneless chicken wing in eggs and gently let any extra egg drip off. Finally cover in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil frying pan on medium heat, add chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Pour the sauce in a large bowl and gently toss the boneless chicken wings in the sauce until evenly coated. Enjoy hot!
How do you dress up your boneless chicken wings? Share you favorite sauce recipes in the comments section!